GO Serve at Christmas
Greenville Oaks is serving the Agape Resource & Assistance Center this Christmas. Please consider signing up and purchasing items on the Sign-up Genius wish list to bless these moms and their children this Christmas.
Agape serves women and children facing situational homelessness. The housing that Agape provides these families has such a positive impact, especially for the children who live with anxiety because they have not had a stable home. Imagine the relief and joy these moms will experience knowing their children are safe, stable, and their needs are met.
Please review the items on the wish list and sign up for the items you will purchase. Place your donations in either of the bins located outside the Faith@Home Center and in the west foyer. Please put gift cards in an envelope labelled “GO Serve Christmas” and place them in one of the offering boxes located inside the Worship Center. Thank you for your generosity this Christmas!
#For Collin County
Grounded in our mission, vision, and values, Greenville Oaks is called to be a church that is FOR our community, family, friends, neighbors, and fellow residents. In a time when many people see churches for what they are against, we want to be a church that is known for what we are FOR… and we are #ForCollinCounty!
#ForCollinCounty is a service initiative at Greenville Oaks. Throughout the year, look around in your neighborhood and community for ways you can impact others for good. Whether you have a neighbor who needs some help, a co-worker who has encountered difficult times, a server at your local restaurant who has been struggling, or someone in a bad situation whom you drive past every day, we challenge you to step up and help. We want to love our neighbors, serve our community, and BE the church where we live, work, and play.
OTHER WAYS TO SERVE
Connect with any of our Community Partners, use one of the ideas below, or come up with your own ways to serve.
- Babysit the kids of a single parent
- Purchase and deliver groceries for an elderly person
- Organize a special event/activity (and provide the supplies) for a local senior living community
- Go to the store and pay for someone’s purchases
- Offer to pay for meals at a restaurant
- Offer to go to the store with someone who is seeing hard times to purchase items they need
- Ask your local school counselor/teachers if they know of ways you can bless them or a student
- Look through the neighborhood Facebook/NextDoor page for any situations or circumstances that would offer you a way to bless someone
- Leave small gifts and sentiment at a neighbors house
- Identify someone who is new to your neighborhood/community and invite them to your home
- Gather your family, pray for God to reveal ideas to you, and make your own list of ways to serve others (be sure to schedule times to do the things on your list)