Sunday, May 23, will be a historic day as a new vision for Greenville Oaks Church of Christ is shared. Our vision is the product of many months of study, prayer, discussion and planning by our elders, ministers, Strategic Leadership Team and many sub-teams. We are confident God has shown us how He intends to greatly bless our body of believers, and the community and world around us. Come hear all about it at one special assembly time - 10 a.m. (children’s program beginning at 9:45 a.m.).
Instructions for this special day:
- To find a parking space, check children in, get your coffee and find a seat (coffee and the Welcome Center will be located under tents just outside the front doors).
- Children’s programs start at 9:45 a.m. (Nursery – 4th grade)
- Praise, worship and vision presentation begins at 10:00 a.m. (5th grade – adult) (No classes)
- If possible, bring your entire family in one vehicle.
- Follow parking lot attendant’s directions. After the parking lot is full, you’ll be directed to park on the grassy area in front of the building (ramps will be in place to aid in driving over the curb). If it is raining or the ground is too soft to park on, you’ll be directed to park at the Allen ISD Pat Dillard Special Achievement Center on the southeast corner of Bethany and Jupiter. Shuttles will run every few minutes between 9:30 and 10:15 a.m. and after the service until everyone is returned to their car.
- Members of a church in Arlington along with other helpers will be serving our church family by caring for all of our children from Nursery age through 4th grade.
- You will need to fill out a tag and take a corresponding number for each child. This will help our volunteers and ensure your child’s security.
- All preschool children will be checked in at their normal classroom locations.
- Kindergarten through 4th graders will be checked in at The Tree House.
- We will need to use every chair, so help make the ushers jobs easier by sitting as close to the front as possible and not leaving any empty chairs on your row.
- Once the auditorium is full, ushers will direct you to seating in the overflow rooms and the foyer. Video monitors will be provided for those areas without a clear view into the auditorium.
We have been praying about this day and for the things that will be shared with you for a long time. Please join us in praying that God bless the vision that is presented and, more importantly, that He will be lifted up and glorified this Sunday and as our vision is fulfilled over the coming years. We look forward to seeing you Sunday.
May 23, Come Ready for Something … Visionary
Posted on Thu, May 20, 2010