Mission and Vision
God calls us (individually and as a church body) to go boldly as His ambassadors to a fallen and broken world. We are here to clearly demonstrate God’s ministry of reconciliation—how He restores relationships between Himself and His creation and enables healthy relationships between one another. (2 Corinthians 5:16-21)
The mission of Greenville Oaks Church of Christ is to:
Seek all who need Jesus and together become
His fully devoted followers.
Our mission as a church is clearly realized as we enlist, encourage and equip as many people as possible to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. Our journey toward becoming dedicated followers of Jesus is a life-long adventure that involves growing deeper in these three essential areas.
To fulfill our mission, the Greenville Oaks church encourages and equips people to make loving God, loving people and serving others an ever-growing way of life.
Love God – Develop your personal walk with God through relevant Sunday worship gatherings and regular private worship. The journey begins as we recognize there must be someone bigger than us. Someone who is in control of everything we can’t control. That someone is God and He is worthy of our love and worship.
Love people – Intentionally connect with, grow together and care for one another in small groups. God intended that we do life together in community and to be known for loving each other.
Serve others – Use your time, talent, and treasure at home and throughout the world. As we commit to serve, whether in our church, in the local community, or around the world, the impact of that service changes lives—for those serving, for the people they serve, and even for those who see them giving to help someone else.
Our Approach is focused on families and integrates outreach and in-reach
With the guidance of the Spirit of God, we will boldly pursue our mission and vision with an intense focus on serving families in ways that challenge, inspire and equip them to experience the ministry of God’s reconciliation.
We also recognize that all people (Christian and non-Christian) have the same life challenges and struggles. Therefore, wherever possible, our ministries will be designed to engage and benefit unbelievers as well as believers. Everything we do will be done with an intentional outward focus and evaluated by its effectiveness toward realizing our mission and vision.
Go Boldly Vision
We see God transforming our communities by
restoring relationships and building strong families
We want to make a real difference in our communities by surrendering our will and allowing God’s radical and unrelenting love to restore broken relationships between people and God and between one another. As a result, we will inspire a movement of forgiveness and reconciliation that helps build strong healthy families. Everything we do will bring glory to God by making a positive difference in the lives of people in our communities.
Go Boldly Initiatives
Our vision will only be accomplished by bold action. Following is an initial list of key actions. Some are small and some are large, some are easy and some are hard, but all are designed to work in concert to empower our mission and vision to bring glory to God. Where feasible, targeted time frames are listed.
Love God - By 2025 we see triple our current attendance in eight weekly worship assemblies in several locations.
- Design more meaningful worship experiences that connect faith to life in practical and tangible ways (on-going)
- Offer a variety of worship styles to minimize cultural barriers and connect with more people (Fall 2013)
- Offer separate adult worship and children’s program (Fall 2014)
- Develop new churches/sites in Collin County to reach more people
- Plant a Hispanic church (in 2014)
- Plant three more churches or add three additional sites (by 2025)
Love People - By 2025 we see three times the percentage of members involved in small groups.
- Start multiple types of Connecting Point groups (Family, Care, Ministry, Outreach) (September 2013)
- Provide better leader training and resources (September 2013)
- Renew a strong emphasis on inviting people into groups (on-going)
Serve Others - By 2025 we see quadruple number involved in serving in the church, our community and around the world.
- In our church
- Support Ministries (Expand Hope at Greenville Oaks, add Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, and Grief Care)
- Life Needs Ministries (Regularly offer Dynamic Marriage, Love & Logic, Career Solutions, Financial Peace University)
- Individual-based Ministries (Add Stephen Ministers, Benevolence Ministry)
- Outreach Ministries (Expand ESL, Friendspeak, Love Where You Live projects, Greenville Oaks Christian Preschool, Christian Care Center)
- In our local community
- Community Support Partner Ministries (Allen Community Outreach, Samaritan Inn, Family Promise, Lil’ Lambs, Young Life, Young Lives, Habitat for Humanity, Big Brother/Sister, and others)
- Hold community partners ministry fair
- Around the world
- Increase participation in mission trips
- Support additional missionaries
- Plants churches
Family Development Ministry
- Family Connecting Point groups (Fall 2013)
- Faith@Home Center (Family Resources) (January 2014)
- Church-wide Initiatives (2014) Parenting Development (May 2014)
- Provide Family Sunday School opportunities (Fall 2014)