Group Plan - Wrestling
Message Theme: The Bible offers a blessing to those who are willing to enter its story and wrestle with the God who still breathes life into its pages.
Group Discussion Questions
- Tell about your most frustrating experience putting together something for your home (furniture, Toys, Swingset, etc.).
Was the instruction manual helpful or not?
- Which of the following best describes the ways you have seen the Bible over the years?
And how does each bring its own set of expectations for our reading?
- Collin suggested that the Bible is multi-vocal, that it contains multiple voices or perspectives within its pages.
Is this a new thought?
What are the challenges of the contradictions within the Bible?
- How does seeing the Bible as a library of books rather than a single book change your expectations for what it contains?
How has that image been helpful during the past few weeks?
- If you had a chance to ask the authors of Scripture one question that you could hear them discuss, what would it be?
- Read Genesis 32:22-29.
How does this passage encourage you to handle the Bible?
Has your experience with Scripture included wrestling?
Do you have a limp as a result of your wrestling with God and with Scripture?
- What blessings have been the result of your reading of Scripture?
- What has been the biggest takeaway from this series of sermons?
How will you read Scripture differently going forward?