Group Plan - Project Mercury
Watch or listen to this message
Message Theme: Start your children on the path to faith. If you never start them, they'll never finish the journey.
Group Discussion Questions
- What is your favorite movie about the space program?
- What is your first personal memory about the space program?
Why is it so memorable?
- Project Mercury was the first space program. It was necessary before the Apollo missions put a human on the moon.
What parallels do you see between Project Mercury and the early years of parenting your children?
- Collin mentioned that parents face a series of little launches that prepare us for the big launch of our kids after high school.
What little launches prepared you for the big launch?
- What were some of the intentional decisions you made as a family to lead your kids spiritually?
Were those intentional decisions or accidental?
- Who invited you to watch and learn from their mistakes in parenting?
Who were your mentors as parents?
- Collin mentioned that Proverbs 22:6 is heard differently depending on your experience and stage of life.
Read Proverbs 22:6.
What is the feeling you experience when you pay close attention to this passage?
- What lesson did you learn Sunday that helps you take a step to help develop children to follow Jesus in your family/church?