Group Plan - Jesus Sends His Disciples
Message Theme: Our primary mission is to become disciples who make disciples.
Group Discussion Questions
- When you think of the word discipleship, what's the first thing that comes to mind?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20 & John 20:19-23.
What stands out to you in these two passages?
What comparisons are there?
What is contrasting in these passages?
- How does fear become involved in your reaction to Jesus’ calling you to make disciples?
How might Jesus' pronouncement of peace in John 20 make you more bold/less fearful?
- What does Jesus mean when he says in John 20:21, "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you"?
What does God intend?
How is that command still true for us today?
What should we expect as we fulfill his command?
- How has God sent people into your own life?
What difference did it make?
- Collin pushed us to realize Mission 1 again. He challenged us to make disciples trusting that the church will be the result rather than building churches assuming disciples will be the result.
What do you think about that?
Do you agree or disagree?
Explain your answer.
- Who are you indebted to for “discipling” you?
Parents? Friends? Spouse?
- How do you sense God calling you to disciple others in your life right now?
Is there a name that comes to mind that God may be using you to reach?
- Pray for the names of the people brought up on the previous question.