Group Plan - Jesus Grew
Message Details: Watch or listen to this message
Message Theme: Growth requires curiosity, putting yourself in a place to learn, and owning your true identity.
Group Discussion Questions
- Have you made any New Year's Resolutions or goals for 2019?
If not, in what ways do you hope to grow spiritually in 2019?
- When you consider Origin Stories, what comes to mind?
Give example of books/movies that tell about the origins of the heroes in the stories they tell.
- How is it helpful to know the origin of a hero in a story?
- Why do you think the gospel writers tell us so little about Jesus' life from 2 to 30?
- Read Luke 2:39-52.
What stands out in this story?
What memories does this story remind you of in your own life?
- How do you interpret Luke 2:52?
What does it mean that Jesus grew in these ways?
How does that challenge previous assumptions about Jesus?
What tensions are found in this verse?
- Collin mentioned 3 growth principles found in these verses:
1) Regular spiritual disciplines/practices/rituals
2) Choose to be a curious learner
3) Coming to better know your true identity.
How do you see those in this story?
- How might these principles help you grow in every way toward your goal/mission in 2019?
- How can this group encourage one another to grow in these ways in the year ahead?