Group Plan - Jesus Equips His Disciples
2 Peter 1:3-11
Message Theme: Our God has equipped us with everything we need for a godly life. And that equipping is meant to lead us to maturity, to do the good works God has given us to do, and to give glory to God.
Group Discussion Questions
- Describe the greatest season of spiritual growth in your life?
What are the 2 or 3 things that contributed most to that growth?
- When you hear the word "equipping" what comes to mind?
- Read 2 Peter 1:3-11.
What stands out in this passage?
What do you discover in this passage that challenges you in your journey of spiritual growth?
- What do you think it means that you have been given everything you need for a godly life?
Does it feel that way?
What seems to be missing in your life?
- Collin mentioned 3 New Testament Scriptures that mention equipping.
What do these Scriptures help us see about how we are equipped to become disciples of Jesus?
Read Ephesians 4:11-13
Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Read Hebrews 13:20-21
- What do you notice about the source and purpose of equipping in these Scriptures?
- What step do you need to take to take advantage of the equipping you have received?
What source do you most need to pursue to be further equipped?