Group Plan - How To Build A Rocket
Watch or listen to this message
Message Theme: We don't launch rockets on Day 1. We build a rocket piece-by-piece, stage-by-stage, phase-by-phase. Don't get ahead of yourself. Every phase is vital.
Group Discussion Questions
- Tell about the last project you worked on that was completed in phases?
What were the phases?
What was the hardest part of the project?
What would have been the danger of rushing the phases?
- When you think back on your faith formation, in its early stages, at what age did your most important faith development come?
What was significant about that age?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
What does this passage tell us about how we are to form faith in our children?
- What phases are the children you are spiritually forming (children, grandchildren, or other kids) in (Pre-School, Elementary, Middle School or High School)?
What did you learn about that phase in the sermon?
- Collin mentioned that different age groups think differently.
Pre-schoolers think like artists.
Elementary-age kids think like scientists.
Middle Schoolers think like engineers.
High Schoolers think like philosophers.
How do you see this in the children you work with?
- How can you better equip yourself to work in the spiritual development of kids around you?
What will you plan to do?