Group Plan - Greater Than
Message Details: Watch or listen to this message
John 14:12; 16:7
Group Discussion Questions
- What excites you about a study on the Holy Spirit?
What concerns you?
- If you were trying to describe the Holy Spirit to an elementary student, how would you describe the person and purpose of the Spirit?
What Scriptures come to mind for you, if any?
- Tell about moments in your life when you have felt more connection to the Holy Spirit?
Why do you believe you felt closer?
- The Hebrew and Greek words translated as Spirit can also be translated as "breath" or "wind." How do those options help illuminate and give context for an understanding of the Holy Spirit?
- Read John 14:12, 16-17 & Jogn 16:7 (feel free to read more of the context around these verses as well).
What is surprising about these verses?
What does it mean that it's better to have the Holy Spirit than Jesus?
What greater things do you suppose we are able to do that Jesus wasn't?
- What questions do you hope this series will help answer about the Holy Spirit?
(Group Leaders: Feel free to send these questions to Collin.)
- Read Ephesians 5:18. How, as a group, can we commit to pursuing Paul's command to "be filled with the Holy Spirit"?
What practice can we put in place to fulfill this command as a group?