Group Plan - Anti-Viral
Watch or listen to this message
Luke 4:31-41; 5:12-15
Message Theme: Jesus came to demonstrate and announce the kingdom of God. "Going viral" wasn't the goal because Jesus’ "why" shaped his "how."
Group Discussion Questions
- Have you (or a close family member) had a near-death experience?
If so, tell the story.
How did that experience change you?
- Read Luke 4:31-41; 5:12-15.
Why are the crowds flocking to Jesus?
What do they want?
What are they after?
- Why do you believe Jesus asks the demons and leper to not to tell anyone about their healing or Jesus' identity?
- Have you ever had a "viral" moment online?
Do you have a favorite "viral" video?
- How might the "viral" nature of the crowds surrounding Jesus hurt his ultimate goal?
How might it help?
- Have you ever known someone who initially was really “all about” Jesus and their journey of faith, but when things became difficult their commitment faded away and they did as well?
- What is the difference between a fan and follower of Jesus?
The crowd vs. the disciples?
- )If church attendance became illegal this week, would you show up to church next Sunday?
Why or why not?
- Are you a fan or follower?
How would we determine that sort of thing?
- Read Luke 4:42-44; 5:15-16.
How do Jesus' times of prayer impact his ministry?
What is interesting about the time and place of these prayer times?