Friday Night Lights (FNL) was formed out of a perceived need to relieve some of the stresses of a special needs family. Once a month, volunteers give parents, grandparents and caregivers of special needs children an evening out by caring for their special needs children and their siblings. Any member or family in our community with a special needs child is welcome to participate in FNL. What do we do? We simply let the children play while giving them special attention. READ MORE about the volunteer responsibilities.
Our goals are to create a community of support for the caregivers and their children and to show Jesus’ love and value to each participant.
Our Perceived Impact:
1. God is in control.
2. Our connection with these children is overwhelming in the things we have been taught about their love, what they know, what they feel, and what they are capable of doing. We are rewarded by their life.
3. Children are just children in whatever package they come in. Through our exposure in working with them our fear is resolved.
4. We have asked, “What would Jesus do with these children?” Our answer, “We play with them and love them.”
5. What do the caregivers need? Honor, love, support, and a few hours of “down time” for themselves.
- Volunteer to help care for, interact and play with special needs children and siblings
- Requirement: Must be Safe Place trained
Marti O'Rear at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-727-2359