Christianity and Science: Enemies or Allies?
I thought I'd post a few very interesting and educational links to some material to debunk the notions that faith and science are somehow at odds with each other. So much misinformation is available on this topic in high school and college classrooms, and in many places on the internet and in the media that I thought it would be useful to offer some material to set the record straight.
In addition, this material will also address the question "Can science answer everything?" and "Must something be provable by the scientific method in order to believe it's true?".
1. Has Science Made Faith in God Impossible? by William Lane Craig
2. Science and Religion: Where the Real Conflict Lies by Alvin Plantinga
3. Can Science Explain Everything by Ard Louis
4. The Theological Roots of Modern Science by Fritz Schaefer
1. Science and Its Limits by Del Ratzsch
2. Science's Blind Spot: The Unseen Religion of Scientific Naturalism by Cornelius Hunter
3. Belief in God in an Age of Science by John Polkinghorne
4. God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? by John Lennox
This is only a small thumbnail of the number of books, articles, videos and audios I could provide on this topic. Suffice it to say that anyone who proclaims that science and religion are at war are simply believing in a myth. This information shows the fallacy of that notion. Anyone who is genuinely interested in a pursuit of the truth will be impressed by the persuasive case showing that Christianity and science are allies, not enemies.
Posted on Mon, August 2, 2010