Deuteronomy 6:4-9 calls us to be devoted to God, loving Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and to live our faith at home, passing our faith to the next generation.
One of the primary ways we do that is through prayer. Prayer is a privilege for God's people, connecting us with Him and shaping our lives to become more like Jesus.
We are asking Greenville Oaks members to commit to the 752 Prayer@Home plan that asks us to be intentional about...
- Praying 7 times a week personally at home for yourself, your spouse, your children, parents, grandchildren, siblings, neighbors, co-workers, friends and others.
- Praying 5 times a week with your family (which can include meal time and bedtime prayers).
- Praying 2 times a week with your spouse. If you are not married, choose a friend or accountability partner to pray with each week.
To help you with ideas about being intentional about praying at home, we are providing you with the following resources:
Resources can be downloaded above OR stop by the Faith@Home Center the next time you are at the Greenville Oaks church building and pick up your FREE copies.
Also available in the Faith@Home Center are 752 Prayer@Home WRIST BANDS to remind you of your commitment.
Why should we wear the wrist band?
- As a reminder of my personal commitment to pray at home 7 times a week, to pray at least 5 times with my family and to pray at least 2 times a week with my spouse or friend.
- As an opportunity to express my faith in Jesus when others ask about the wrist band. When someone ask you about the wrist band, be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in you. You might respond by saying...
- “It’s a reminder of my commitment to be more consistent in prayer."
- “It’s a reminder of my participation in a movement, at my church, to live my faith at home, through praying together as a family.:
Thank you for joining us in a commitment to prayer.