Tech@Home Conversation #4
Message Theme: What does your technology and social media usage produce? Does it make you more vice-filled or Fruit of the Spirit filled?
Small Group Discussion Questions
- If you could go back and give advice to your teenage self, what is the one piece of advice you would give yourself?
- Read Matthew 7:15-20. What does Jesus' words about judging by fruit have to do with our technology use? What does a steady diet of tech use produce?
- Collin mentioned that our most authentic selves are seen by what we put on the white Google text box. Do you agree? Why or why not? Why are so much more willing to reveal the real desires of our heart on Google than at church?
- How does our anonymity online lead to dangerous or unhelpful behaviors online?
- Collin suggested three reasons why we go to technology: For escape, For esteem & for Ego. Which of these is most true of you? Can you think of a time you went to your screens for one of these 3 things recently?
- Read Galatians 5:13-26. What stands out in this passage? How did this passage come alive when you think about your tech use?
- If you are engaged in social media, how does your use represent the vice list? How does it represent the Fruit of the Spirit? Which is most descriptive of what our screens and social media are forming in us?
- What are some things you can you do to ensure you are keeping your “diet of tech” healthy or moving from less healthy to more healthy use?